5 Simple Rules
Part 1 of the IELTS Speaking test is supposed to be easy. You don’t need to give ’difficult’ answers, and you should try to avoid making mistakes.
Here are five simple rules for Speaking Part 1:
1. Keep your answers short, then stop with confidence.
2. Answer the questions using full sentences.
3. Use words from the examiner’s question in your answer.
4. If possible, give a reason for your answer.
5. Don’t forget to say "yes" or "no" when necessary.
Here’s an example to illustrate these points:
Do you like parks?
Yes, I like parks because they are great places to relax. If you live in a city, a park is often the only place where you can escape from the noise and the traffic.