What are they looking for?
If you know what is important to IELTS examiners, it improves your chances of success. These guidelines refer to every part of the Speaking test. Stick to them and you will satisfy your examiner.
· Speak without long pauses (when you are trying to think of something to say)
· Understand what the examiner asks you and confirm that by answering accordingly.
· Demonstrate how many "smart" words you know.
· Use all the tenses when you speak - past, present, future – and use them correctly.
· Pronounce the words correctly. For example, the word “culture” should sound like “kolcher”, not “kultur”.
· Important! Accent has nothing to do with pronunciation, so it will not affect your score.